Fruit fly trap - your effective ally in the fight against fruit flies
A Green Way® Banana Fly Trap is an effective trap that helps in the prevention of banana flies in the home. The trap quickly reveals where and when a control is needed.
About banana flies: The banana fly, also called the fruit fly, the vinegar fly and the wine fly is a known problem in most homes. They are attracted by fermenting fruits and vegetables, empty beer & wine bottles and other foods.
An adult banana fly can lay 25 eggs on a day. When the eggs hatch, the larvae will search down in the fruit/food to eat and then to pop. A few days later, they are fully developed and ready to lay eggs. This whole development takes between 6-10 days depending on the conditions.
The banana fly is one of the most common pests in our homes. They suddenly appear and can be difficult to get rid of. By using the A Green Way® banana fly trap, you pre-empt them. The trap reveals when there is activity, allowing you to act quickly, so the problem does not develop into a definite plague.
1. Unpack the contents and make sure you have the following parts: 1 trap (apple in plastic) and 1 bottle of
2. Open at the top of the apple (do not completely tear off the top).
3. Fill the entire bottle contents into the trap and close the top slightly. There must still be a small opening with
access for banana flies.
4. Regularly inspect the trap. In the case of catches, the problem area is located and a combating effort can be
initiated (see below).
Prevention and control: Once you have found the occurrence of banana flies by help from A Green Way® banana fly trap you can make a quick effort to get rid of them. It is not appropriate to use insecticides in and around foods, so we propose the following methods:
1. Clean the exposed area. Use gentle cleaners in the cleaning.
2. Be sure to keep clean. Dry up by spillage and use detergents.
3. Remove attractive food sources. Remove shocked fruits and vegetables, rinse or remove empty packages
like wine & beer bottles, cans and store pickled foods in tightly closed containers.
4. Empty the rubbish bag daily.
5. Foods containing larvae and eggs are discarded.
6. Don't the banana flies disappear? Intensify points 1-4.
7. Has the stock grown during the control period? Is the problem so extensive so that it is not
Enough doing these five points again it might be necessary to use a fly spray such as Tanaco Fluestop. This one has a fast discouraging effect, but cleaning is alpha and omega in the fight against banana flies. In very difficult cases it can be a good idea to contact a pest manager.
A Green Way® Banana Fly Trap can be used year-round in the home. Place it where you store fruit, vegetables and other foods without wrapping and check it regularly. The trap will quickly reveal whether there are problems with banana flies in the home. Thus, you can make a quick effort and get rid of a banana fly pest
Prices are tax included